Columbia, MD. August 14, 2015 – What is digital marketing? How do you get on the first page of Google? These are just a few of the crucial digital marketing questions fielded by Duane Carey, President of IMPACT Marketing & Public Relations, on the television show “Your Future Your Finances.”
Carey, named Business Person of the Year in 2014 by the Howard County Chamber of Commerce, was tapped for his prodigious marketing pedigree that includes multiple award-winning campaigns and spans nearly two decades.
The interview, conducted by Brian Kuhn, manager of PSG Clarity, a division of Planning Solutions Group, had one, simple goal: to educate local business leaders on how to optimize their online presence. Some key insights shared by Carey include:
- “Websites require constant care and feeding.”
- “Traditional marketing is a bit of ‘spray and pray.’ You spray your message out and you pray that it hits the right person.”
- “Your customers are trying to find you. Digital marketing makes you more available to be found.”
- “For many, many businesses, Google is their window to the world. It’s not only where they get all of their business from; it’s how they’re communicating with the whole public, not just their clients.”
- “The most important red flag to watch out for when searching for a digital marketing company is anyone who says, ‘We’ll guarantee that you’ll be on page #1 of Google.’”
- “The biggest driver of SEO is dynamic content on your website.”
- “Google hires the smartest people on the planet; that’s their criteria. If you think you’re going to outsmart them, you’re not going to be able to do it for the long term. That’s why there’s always blood in the streets when a new Google update comes out. Our clients never ever plummet because we’re doing things the right way.”
- “Businesses need to hire a digital marketing firm that knows their stuff. There are literally thousands of variables that go into good website design, and trying to figure out what works and what doesn’t is a very difficult thing.”
Watch Carey’s two-part interview:
About IMPACT Marketing & Public Relations
IMPACT is a full-service marketing and public relations firm serving clients in six states throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. Specialties include marketing strategy, digital marketing, graphic design, media relations, community outreach, social media marketing, web design/development, and search-engine marketing. The growing firm is proud to have won many accolades for its client websites, marketing campaigns, writing, and pro-bono services. Recent awards include the Public Relations Society of America’s (PRSA) “Best in Maryland” website award (2013 and 2014) and the Howard County Chamber of Commerce’s Business Person of the Year award for IMPACT President Duane Carey (2014). Learn more at https://impactmarketing.net/.
President, IMPACT Marketing & Public Relations