COLUMBIA, Md., Dec. 21, 2015 – IMPACT Marketing & Public Relations, LLC, was recently honored by the Public Relations Society of America’s Maryland Chapter for its ongoing marketing campaigns for O’Donovan & Associates Insurance Agency (O’Donovan). IMPACT was given an Award of Excellence at PRSA MD’s annual awards dinner on Dec. 1, 2015.
IMPACT has worked with O’Donovan for a number of years to develop and deliver creative marketing campaigns for O’Donovan’s four niche insurance lines, which serve a diverse group of policyholders including construction workers, loggers, daycare providers, and brides/grooms.
Designed to subvert the common belief that property and casualty insurance is boring, the overall campaigns comprise the following tactics:
- collateral/imprinted items
- direct mail
- email marketing
- Pay-Per-Click ads
- print ads
- social media
- and more
IMPACT’s focus was threefold: (1) creating a new website for the newest niche insurance line Wedding Insurance Group, (2) educating the public about key changes to O’Donovan’s leadership, and (3) continuing the excellent progress for the other three niche insurance lines.
IMPACT used various creative techniques throughout the overall campaign to make insurance-buying more palatable for both individuals and business owners. Featured creative campaign ideas have included the following:
- a diamond ring-shaped direct mail piece designed to get Wedding Insurance Group prospects’ attention;
- a trip to the O’Donovan family’s ancestral homeland, Ireland, as a reward for TimberSure® agents who wrote the most business; and
- drip email campaigns that provide helpful information tailored to busy daycare owners at strategic times.
The Wedding Insurance Group website, a key part of the campaign, achieves a flawless user experience thanks to various technical elements, including the following:
- best practices for website responsiveness ensure a good experience for busy brides and grooms who need to access the site at home and on-the-go;
- site visitors have multiple convenient ways to take the next step, with links to quote forms located conveniently at the top, bottom, and middle of each page; and
- an email sign-up list treats visitors to practical wedding planning tips delivered at strategic times starting 42 days before their “Big Day.”
IMPACT’s emphasis on data analysis, especially new customer acquisition costs, has led to even more initiatives—including a customer referral program—and a great ROI on the overall campaign.
About IMPACT Marketing & Public Relations
IMPACT is a full-service marketing and public relations firm serving clients along the East Coast. Specialties include marketing strategy, digital marketing, Web design/development, search engine marketing, graphic design, media relations, community outreach, social media marketing, and association management. The growing firm is proud to have won many accolades for its client websites, marketing campaigns, writing, and pro-bono services.
President, IMPACT Marketing & Public Relations